[TriLUG] Class seat available

Michael Kimsal mgkimsal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 20:11:39 EDT 2011

I do suspect that some of this is related to the type of material being
developed, but certainly agree that it's not a walk in the park.  I've done
this before, and it wasn't 40 hours per hour of presentation material -
probably closer to 20 man hours (some of the material I'd developed was
split between multiple people).  A 40 hour class took 3 of us about 6
weeks.  However, we knew the material very well to start with, and some of
it was more introductory-level material.  To some extent, you could count
some of the previous presentations some of us had done on the same material
as extra prep time (prep time for those presentations wasn't directly
counted in those 6 weeks, but obviously fed in to the materials).

Often with technical material, once that material is developed, you still
need to keep it relevant and up to date as well.  Not as much time as
initially writing it, certainly, but no one would want an in-depth course on
Linux Kernel 2.0 these days :)

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM, David Both <dboth at millennium-technology.com

--
Michael Kimsal