[TriLUG] Remote Terminal

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:49:10 EDT 2011

TeamViewer is also supposed to be good, but I've not tried it.  Ninite can
install it, which is a good sign: Ninite never installs bad stuff.
(BTW, if there's anyone here using Windoze that doesn't yet know about
Ninite <http://ninite.com/>, well, let's just say you now owe me a
beverage.)

Years ago I used "Single Click VNC" to make a remote-access tool for my
clients' use, that they can run to let me remotely operate their Windows
computers.  I'm still using it.  It works, but it's not perfect:
1. It is dog-slow unless you turn off the
Aero/transparent/desktop-composition nonsense on the remotely-controlled
computer.  (Workaround: turn that junk off.)
2. It loses its connection each time the remote computer pops up a UAC
confirmation box.  (Workaround: disable UAC.)
Hmmm... I see that they have a newer (2009!) version that handles UAC
better.  I guess it's time for me to update my tool!