[TriLUG] Older Programming books vs Modern Programming books

John Riselvato jdriselvato at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:25:50 EDT 2011

Actually maybe its just my experience with certain authors in today's
Programming books.
I own "Learning Perl" 2nd edition from 1997 and Its been one of the most
useful books i owned. It has formed me a great foundation on programming in
general and really molded me into a perl monger. I actually really enjoy the
style Tom Phoenix and Randal L. Schwartz write.
In any case I am really enjoying the feed back I am getting from this topic.
Its interesting how people have responded with their own book stories. Keep
them coming if you want.