[TriLUG] Best O/S for a Linux Router/Firewall?

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Fri Sep 9 17:44:11 EDT 2011

Gang:

Our network provider, Centurylink, is now offering higher speeds through
the use of bonded DSL circuits. The downside is that our little Cisco
800 router can't handle more than one DSL circuit, so I'll have to use
their box.

Since I'll end up routing ethernet, I figured it was time to switch to a
Linux-based router. In a perfect world, it would support routing between
the Centurylink ethernet interface and our lan, act as a DHCP server,
and act as a firewall.

It must support IPv6. It would also be nice if it could easily handle
OpenVPN as well.

Suggestions for a distribution to use? I hear good things about monowall.

-T
--
Tarus BALOG, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645