[TriLUG] OT: Personal Email Vendor Selection

Alan Sterger asterger at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 19 15:21:51 EDT 2011

Hello Listers,

Need some help deciding on what vendor to choose for personal email.

Currently with Earthlink, due to inertia.  I've had the same email
address more than 11 years.  The address appears on my resume.  While I
don't mind paying for value (spam filtering, availability, storage, web
access, ...), my "threshold of pain" was reached at Earthlink's current
$40 pricing.

The account is POP3 with 2 free addresses, 300MB on each.  They also
offer web access which is rarely used, I prefer POP3 for
archiving/searching on my own machine.  One client is Eudora OSE with
the other Outlook Express.

How are the free POP3 email vendors, Gmail or ... ?

Cheers,

Alan Sterger
asterger at earthlink.net