[TriLUG] A competitor for TWC?

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Sep 21 11:40:58 EDT 2011

Yesterday I received a few email notifications that one of my home servers
restarted from a power reset.  When I returned home, my wife said that she
saw a guy out spray painting the yard and the street marking the electric
and gas utilities and went out and asked what was going on.

According to the guy doing the marking, another company is laying cable to
provide phone, internet, and TV service in competition with TWC.  She said
that it wasn't Verizon, but couldn't recall the name.  This was in High
Point.  When I drove home last night, I saw a truck parked on the road
next to a yard where they had obviously been doing some patch area
digging, so apparently they are actively installing cables.

Anyone with ideas of who this could be?