[TriLUG] Couple of Nagios questions

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:02:13 EDT 2011

I appreciate the followup. We were doing everything straight SNMP, them as we began to upgrade our win boxes from 2003 to 2008 that got all tossed out the window no thanks to Microsoft. Services such as dhcp.exe no longer ran in the normal process list, but instead ran under one of the svchost.exe processes so we chose to install the nsclient on our 2008 servers so we could monitor what we needed. Windows Deployment Service runs the same way, under an svchost process, Grrr. Our Linux boxes are of course continuing to respond kindly with SNMP and it's services run where expected. :)

David