[TriLUG] Associate physical PCI slot with lspci?

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Thu Sep 29 10:41:19 EDT 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011, Ron Kelley wrote:

> Thanks Alexey,
>
> Yeah, I looked thru the output of "lscpi -vv -s 06:00.0" as well as
> "dmidecode".  But, I am still unable to correlate a specific card to a
> specific slot.  Here is what "lspci -vv -s 06:00.0" gives (notice the
> line "LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1"):

OK, but what about the bridge it's on? Can you try lspci -t to find the ID
of the bridge, and then look at the bridge's capabilities? Perhaps the
bridge for that slot is not capable of x8? And if it is, perhaps the total
number of lanes available on the system has been reached due to other
cards running at faster than x1 already?

 			Alexey