[TriLUG] OT: Marketing from Red Hat?

Greg Cox glcox at pobox.com
Thu Oct 27 00:01:34 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Chris Merrill <chris at webperformance.com> wrote:
> It did make me laugh, out of sheer pity for the fools who paid someone to
> develop this.  Using a jerry can to fill up a race car?  Really?

I don't think any fuel actually went in, since they were pouring it on
the gearbox.
I particularly enjoyed installing the engine on top of the driver's legs.

With a 'prize' of a toy/RC car, you'd think they'd get that their
target demographic would be the same geeks who might watch F1.  I'd
love to know what amateur-hour marketing group whipped up this
campaign.

- G "Tifosi" C