[TriLUG] where to report scam phone call

Peter Neilson neilson at windstream.net
Wed Nov 2 14:46:19 EDT 2011

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:32:09 -0400, Justis Peters
<justis.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today, I received a phone call that I believe was a scam.

I got calls sort of like that from teens who were drunk or whatever, and
claimed they wanted to rent a pony for a party. They wanted it in the
middle of the night or said that price was no object. I think your person
was a prankster. Did you get the number from which he called (*69 or what
showed up on a cell phone)? My "Prince Albert In A Can" prankster never
seemed to have a number that resolved to an actual person.

(Yes, I do rent ponies for kids' parties. Not to drunken teens, though.)