[TriLUG] Net Neutrality under attack again

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon Nov 7 15:28:05 EST 2011

If we were to reduce regulation, could we please balance that by
reducing the government granted monopoly protection that the carriers
currently enjoy ?  Hey, here's an idea, remove the monopoly regs first
to get some real competition going, and then remove the remaining
regulations like Net Neutrality.  Unfortunately this is not going to
happen, just follow the money and see who gains from all of this, it
sure ain't the consumer.

It's funny, but the Tea Party was originally FOR Net Neutrality, and
somewhere along the way the message was changed to being Against.

I strongly believe that the Internet should be classified as a
utility, just like electricity, water, gas, etc.  The focus should be
on encouraging new services and businesses to use this infrastructure.

Bill