[TriLUG] strange chars/formatting in received e-mail

Jym Williams Zavada trilugj at jrwz.net
Thu Nov 10 14:25:22 EST 2011

I use the same client, and see a similar problem on occasion.  I most often
use alpine on Mac OS X in the Terminal.app, but I also use alpine on Linux.
I don't recall ever seeing the problem on the latter, and on the former it's
only been a bother when I've tried to print out the messages.  I've always
assumed it's some sort of mismatch regarding character set interpretation,
and I figured eventually I'd get both alpine's and Terminal.app's settings
to coincide.  Even though I don't find it annoying, I too am curious to find
out what others have to say about this.

-Jym Williams Zavada