[TriLUG] Commodore Vision OS

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Wed Nov 16 08:32:23 EST 2011

On 11/16/2011 3:06 AM, David Burton wrote:
> $1000 for an Intel Atom-based computer?
> Hey, I'm all for nostalgia, but that's a very expensive trip down memory
> lane.

I'm sure it is expected to be a low-volume item...and is priced accordingly.

But this part surprised me:
"Commodore OS Vision will be mailed to purchasers when available."

So they're shipping it WITHOUT the OS so prominently featured on the homepage?

No thanks, I've had my fill of vaporware  :(

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM, John Riselvato <jdriselvato at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I haven't but thanks for pointing it out. Downloading the torrent myself.
>> I really do want to get a Commodore USA computer already, just being a
>> college student has its flaws.
>> Just a side note, its my dream to work for Commodore USA.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jason Evans <jason.s.evans at gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone tried the new Commodore (i.e. Commodore 64/128/Amiga)
>>> Branded Linux Distro?  I'm downloading the torrent now.
>>>
>>> http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS_Vision.aspx
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Jason
>>> --
>>> This message was sent to: John Riselvato <jdriselvato at gmail.com>
>>> TriLUG FAQ          :
>>> http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
>>>

>> --
>> "Its the Othello of programming languages: a minute to learn, a lifetime to
>> master" - mwn3d (RosettaCode irc)
>> --
>> This message was sent to: Dave Burton <ncdave4life at gmail.com>
>> TriLUG FAQ          :
>> http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services