[TriLUG] Commodore Vision OS

John Riselvato jdriselvato at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:30:47 EST 2011

Aw... Thats unfortunate. So its a a copy of mint, which is a copy of
ubuntu, which is a copy of ubuntu, which is a copy of another form of
ubuntu (lol kidding). and they changed the theme and name. :( Sounds like
every other linux distro out. Well it was a good run C64.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Jason Evans <jason.s.evans at gmail.com>wrote:

> Remember in the Windows 95 days when people first learned that they
> could download obnoxious .wav files from BBS's and dialup internet for
> every minor function in the OS?  Yeah... So, give Mint Linux a really
> terrible theme, add in tons of terribly sound effects, and give it
> painfully 8-bit fonts and that's what you get from this *cough*
> distro.  I ran it in Virtualbox with the vbox tools installed for 3d
> acceleration.  Most of the games still didn't work, but then it is a
> beta release.  Overall, it was just really bad.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jason
>

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Jason Evans <jason.s.evans at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried the new Commodore (i.e. Commodore 64/128/Amiga)
> > Branded Linux Distro?  I'm downloading the torrent now.
> >
> > http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS_Vision.aspx
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Jason
> >
> --
> This message was sent to: John Riselvato <jdriselvato at gmail.com>
> TriLUG FAQ          :

"Its the Othello of programming languages: a minute to learn, a lifetime to
master" - mwn3d (RosettaCode irc)