[TriLUG] OT: Laptop Hard Drive

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:33:00 EST 2011

This is a shot in the dark, but I thought I would give it a try anyways.

I've got an older MacBook Pro (pre-unibody) that the hard drive just
died on me yesterday. If I power it on, all I get is a "clunk" sound
that continues until I power it off. I figure the drive is toast, but
thought I would ask if there is any kind of trick that might get it
working.

Other than that, I thought about buying a new HDD, but when I looked
at Newegg they had a very slim selection. I guess the floods in Asia
really are causing a lack of hard drives.

Anyone have a spare SATA 2.5" laptop drive (preferably 320GB or
larger) they would like to get rid of?

Thanks,
Brian