[TriLUG] Own your own cable modem?

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:30:04 EST 2011

I set my Ubee into bridged mode a few days after getting it installed. They
leave the default
passwords on them because there's not a lot you can do to screw them up.
It's been running
30 x 5 steadily for months. The only issue we've had was a failed switch
that TWC replaced.
This caused intermittent connections for 2 days, and they gave me a month
credit for it.

To answer the OP, my last modem was one that I owned and ran on TWC cable
for 4 years.
Simple to call and set it up.