[TriLUG] Wireless Router Recommendations

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Thu Dec 8 14:15:50 EST 2011

On 12/08/2011 12:53 PM, Jason Herr wrote:
> I have the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H (what you call the N600) and it has
> worked fine for me for the last 8 months.  I've not tapped its full
> potential and only suggest that you get ssh enabled and a key set
> early, so you can survive forgetting the admin password.  (Late night
> install)  I have not scratched the surface of what it can do yet.

Hey Jason! I've seen a significant number of reports of the Atheros
chipsets that are in these devices having problems with dropping
wireless connections. I have a friend who owns one and he says that it
hasn't been a problem for him, but a different friend who owns a Netgear
device with the Atheros wireless has confirmed the link dropping
problems. I assume that you haven't personally experienced this problem?