[TriLUG] Where does one go for the best in Linux hardware?

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Sat Dec 10 00:15:50 EST 2011

After years of being an Apple fanboy I am moving away from Apple gear and I'd like to get a nice, small Linux laptop (a la a Macbook Air) and a decent desktop system. The only problem is that it has been so long since I've bought non-Apple, non-server hardware I'm at a loss. It seems that a lot of gear includes either NVIDIA video or Broadcom wireless cards, and I'd like something Debian friendly.

Suggestions?

-T
Tarus BALOG, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C