[TriLUG] Wireless Router Recommendations

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Dec 12 10:43:29 EST 2011

I realize I'm a bit late to this show.  I was at LISA last week and not paying
attention to email.

I replaced my 9 or 10 year old WRT54-G with an Asus RT-N16[1] a few months ago
and have been very pleased with it.  Saved off the Tomato configs from the WRT
and the loaded just fine into the TomatoUSB[2] I blatted onto the RT-N16.

[1] http://www.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Routers/RTN16/#specifications
[2] http://tomatousb.org/tut:installing-on-asus-rt-n16

--[Lance]

P.S. Got some VERY tasty 5Ghz 802.11a with my laptop at the LISA conference.
Nice uncongested wireless traffic!

--
 GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
 CACert.org Assurer