[TriLUG] Offsite data backup/storage suggestions

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Dec 14 17:04:59 EST 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Steve kuekes wrote:

> I use a system called CrashPlan

I assume all these backups are file-wise or directory-wise.

What about binary image backups so that if you have a disk
crash you can write the whole fs to a new disk and keep
working?

I bring the machine down and do a dd every now and again. I
do filewise backups of new data between binary backups. This
is a bit of a pain, but is a guaranteed recovery. Is there
anything better?

Joe