[TriLUG] IPv6 Networking on CentOS (RHEL)

Jym Williams Zavada trilugj at jrwz.net
Tue Dec 20 14:31:05 EST 2011

I don't consider myself an IPv6 expert by any means, but it's my
understanding that IPv6 relies on router advertisement and router
solicitation for routing.  On my network, once I set up the router for the
IPv6 allocation, the rest of the IPv6-enabled machines then automatically
set up their IPv6 routes.

If I happen to be wrong about this, I'm sure one of our IPv6 gurus will pipe
up. (Kevin Otte, are your ears burning yet? :).

-Jym Williams Zavada