[TriLUG] OT: Job Opportunity - Windows/Web Developer

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Jan 12 09:14:40 EST 2012

Jeff,
  You should reread my original post. I know the guy personally. If I
didn't trust him or think he would be a good employer, it would never
have gotten on this list. If I didn't know the history of the company, I
wouldn't have put it on the list.

I don't work for him because their business is not my forte'.

-Roy

On 1/12/12 2:20 AM, Jeff Schornick wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 21:50, Brian<lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com>  wrote:
>> Come now.  Times are hard, jobs are scarce, and we all know that networking
>> is golden when it comes to getting feet in doors.
> I don't doubt the value of networking for a second... but how does it
> apply here?   Perhaps I'm missing the implied message, but I didn't
> get any indication that Roy has any experience working at the company
> or is willing to push a resume into the right hands.  So we're simply
> left with a technically unrelated job posting for a company run by
> some guy's friend.  If that's what you call "networking" these days,
> times *are* harder than I imagined.
>
> Anyway, I don't mean to disparage what was clearly a well intended
> lead.  Roy's post certainly did more good than arguing about it over
> email will ever do.
>
>    - Jeff

Roy Vestal
http://rpp.linuxmaniac.net