[TriLUG] Sat 21st Jan. TriLUG Wireless Router install and hack day

Jeff Schornick jeff at schornick.org
Thu Jan 12 10:54:32 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:31, Bill Farrow <bill at arrowsreach.com> wrote:
> We will have to ask Jeff Schornick about the network situation at Techshop.

Unless something has changed, TechShop is running off of ATT
Business-class DSL with a single static IP.  I would not think it
appropriate to ask our hosts for any special network changes, so we're
stuck with private addressing.

We should definitely consider bringing a few switches, as the
conference room only has 3-4 hardwired drops.  The computer lab is
moving this weekend, though, so depending on the situation, we may be
able to setup in the old lab as well.

Personally, I'm hoping to configure a pair of OpenWRT boxes as OpenVPN
endpoints for an IPv6 addressed VPN.  The tunnel itself would be IPv4,
but it seemed a good excuse to learn about the other technologies.

  - Jeff