[TriLUG] SSD-based NFS servers for production - ready for primetime?

Michael Rothwell michael at rothwell.us
Sun Jan 15 14:56:23 EST 2012

Although it is not really available for Linux, a ZFS-based NFS server may
be a good option for you. You can add SSDs as L2ARC cache and log devices
on top of spinning disks. The system will use the SSDs for increased
read/write performance, but will not crash if/when the SSDs die; it will
just stop using them and fall back to disks (and system memory) only.

-M