[TriLUG] What are other Kmail users doing?

Greg Cox glcox at pobox.com
Sun Jan 15 17:39:38 EST 2012

OK, I've not had exactly your situation, but what do you think about this:

1) make a dummy gmail account
2) save all your local mail folders up to gmail
3) blow away local folders (OK, really, just set them aside so they're
recoverable but out of the way)
4) Upgrade local OS
5) slurp all your folders back down locally, letting them be imported
into the proper format.

I'd think this would let the power of IMAP work for you and make IT
put things in the right format, instead of looking at it as a
localized db migration problem.