[TriLUG] What are other Kmail users doing?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jan 16 13:10:34 EST 2012

On Monday, January 16, 2012 12:23:02 PM Eric Gerney wrote:
> Steve,
>
> > Some of my folders can't go to Gmail because they have personal
> > or business information I want to keep in my office. But hell,
> > those folders I can do individually, one way or another.
>
> I too am a kmail user and just run an IMAP server local to my
> workstation. This regulates kmail to just another IMAP client
> (others can be used easily) and seems to be working well for me.
> I use fetchmail and have configured dovecot to store all my mail
> in $HOME for backup, etc.

Thanks Eric,

Part of my reluctance to run a local imap server is I'd need to set up
a local SMTP server also. That can get ugly. What are you using as a
local SMTP server, and how did you set it up?

Thanks

SteveT

* My new 99 cent Kindle book  :  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QTBLA2 *
*                 Steve Litt  :  http://www.troubleshooters.com      *