[TriLUG] Opensource dropbox or box.com & File sync.

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu Jan 19 20:04:19 EST 2012

All,

I'm looking for something to replace our sftp server and provide a web interface for upload/downloads.  Currently sftp is too cumbersome for users apparently WinSCP is too hard to use :(  Also looking for something that allows self-service account creation, with admin notification.  Has anyone used something like this that's open source?  I'd prefer to host this myself, as opposed to something like box.com  Also trying to provide a more user friendly experience so they don't have as much reason to circumvent our sftp server and just use dropbox personally.

Also looking for something like sugar sync that I can host as well.  Basically file synchronization in the  cloud, but hosted by us.

We have a mixture of Win7, OS X, and Linux on the desktop.

Thanks,

Matt P.