[TriLUG] TriLUG hack day thankyou

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Sun Jan 22 22:25:59 EST 2012

TriLUG's first hack day of 2012 was held at Techshop this weekend.  We
had 20+ people attend the workshop throughout the day.

There were more wireless routers than we had time to fix, and some
real curve balls in the bunch. A few people left with fully
operational OpenWRT wireless routers, some people now have serial and
JTAG headers installed, and some are in need of further hacking :-)

We didn't stop at routers: there was even did a traditional Linux
install on a troublesome laptop.

For those interested in ipv6, Kevin Otte arranged for some public ip
addresses and set up a tunnel to get the traffic out from behind
Techshops NAT.

BTW: We saved a few routers yesterday using Jeff's Bus Pirate, an Open
Hardware project from Dangerous Prototypes. I gotta say: Open source
hardware and software rocks !
  http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Pirate

Thanks for everyone who came along, hope you had fun.  And yes, we
will do it again (soon).

Bill