[TriLUG] TriLUG hack day thankyou

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Mon Jan 23 07:45:49 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 10:25:59PM -0500, Bill Farrow wrote:
> TriLUG's first hack day of 2012 was held at Techshop this weekend.  We
> had 20+ people attend the workshop throughout the day.
>
> There were more wireless routers than we had time to fix, and some
> real curve balls in the bunch. A few people left with fully
> operational OpenWRT wireless routers, some people now have serial and
> JTAG headers installed, and some are in need of further hacking :-)

As the previous owner of one of the "need of further hacking" routers, I want to thank Bill, Kevin and Jeff in particular, and all of the other participants in Saturday's session.

While I have read about this technology for years I have never before successfully loaded a "third-party" firmware package into a wireless ( or other ) router.

I have also never successfully bricked a router!

It was a very enjoyable and educational session, and I would certainly like to attend others.

Thanks,
Brian