[TriLUG] CSS question

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Jan 24 18:26:35 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 06:05:19PM -0500, Justis Peters wrote:

> What we're looking for is the distilled version of your code that is
> trivial to copy and paste.

I understand.  I have tried to strip out all of the content except for sample placeholders, but I guess I don't quite know how much to delete and still have a useful example.  I will work on that.  The version that I have in jsfiddle at the moment is correct in all of the browsers that I have tried.

> If you can isolate the problem at hand,
> then we can help you find a solution. If you haven't yet isolated
> it, then we've transitioned from sharing knowledge into a realm that
> looks more like doing your homework for you.

Also understood.  I have been beating my head on this and other layout and display issues in this code for several days, with other interruptions, and was feeling that I should see if other eyes could offer suggestions.

I will persevere.

> I hope you don't mind me being direct about that point.

Not to worry.

> Kind regards,
> Justis

Brian