[TriLUG] Updates installed, system won't boot now

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Wed Jan 25 15:32:06 EST 2012

I shelled into my home systems. One of which is an older version, the
other was a newer install, but both have been upgraded to 10.04 LTS.  The
older one has GRUB, the newer install has GRUB2.

One other thing: what version were you upgrading from?  Is it possible
that you have a GRUB vs GRUB2 conflict?  For example GRUB2, which is used
in later installs, does not have a menu.lst.

Also, feeding off another message, did you verify your CD media and the
download image?