[TriLUG] IP Address spoofing

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Jan 27 12:18:18 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Igor Partola <igor at igorpartola.com> wrote:
> What I am trying to figure out is something that would be a bit more
> stable. The amount of traffic here certainly does not warrant any more than
> one process for all the ports that we listen on.

Igor,
I was thinking about this overnight :-)  Use the netfilter iptables
DNAT to do port forwarding.  This will rewrite the destination ip in
the packets, sending them on to your Host B for processing.  Host B
will use the source address (unchanged) to send the response directly
back to the mobile device.

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p udp --dport ${PORT} -d ${HOST-A-IP}
-j DNAT --to ${HOST-B-IP}

Bill