[TriLUG] Next “Theory and Practice of Linux System Administration” Class Starts Feb. 13

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Sun Jan 29 14:01:32 EST 2012

The next session of my class, “Theory and Practice of Linux System
Administration <http://www.millennium-technology.com/?page_id=1046>” will be run
February 13 through 17, 1012.

Taken from my own experiences accumulated during more than 14 years of using
Linux, and developed using my knowledge and experience as a course developer and
trainer for both IBM and Red Hat, this class covers the practical aspects of
Linux System Administration. It builds upon the foundation of the “Philosophy of
Linux” in a way that helps the student understand how and why things are done as
they are.

Our courses are always highly rated and well reviewed. Here are some comments
from previous students <http://www.millennium-technology.com/?page_id=1107>
taken directly from the course evaluation forms.

    Seats Available

There are still seats available for my Theory and Practice of Linux System
Administration class which starts on Monday, January 23 and runs for five days.

    Course Description

The student will learn about the history of Linux and the philosophy of Linux
and how it applies to the everyday tasks that she will be expected to perform.
The student will install a current Fedora Linux system on common Intel hardware,
using various installation options to customize the final result. The students
will learn to use the command line interface (CLI) and many basic Linux commands
along with the vi editor. More advanced commands such as sed and awk will be
covered and combining all of these commands into short command line programs
will be discussed and the student will have opportunity to use them in lab projects.

This course covers the Linux boot sequence and the traditional SystemV init
scripts as well as an introduction to the new systemd daemon for startup and
daemon management. The student will learn to manage users and software packages.
Networking, security, processes, filesystems and Logical Volume Management will
be covered in detail.

    Schedule

Please check the Training page
<http://www.millennium-technology.com/?page_id=1033> for complete class
schedules and seat availability. Please contact us
<http://www.millennium-technology.com/?page_id=28> to sign up for classes as
soon as possible. Our classroom facilities are very limited so class sizes are
very small.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both