[TriLUG] White House response to FOSS petition?

Seva Adari oddissyus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:30:10 EST 2012

Although I do not agree with the tone (unscrupulous) of the petition,
I do agree with the main message, ie, in expanding the government's
use of free software. We don't need to shun propriety software, but
where it is appropriate it is a good idea to go with the open source.

The RMS recommendation was unnecessary in the petition and so is the
software vendors bashing. Any czar appointed should be a
non-controversial person who can reach out to all and most importantly
is concerned about the bottom line of the nation.