[TriLUG] What are other Kmail users doing? <SMTP SERVER IS UNNECESSARY>

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Feb 8 09:58:51 EST 2012

> You might look into invoking 'deliver' - Dovecot's LDA,

> deliver is not a procmail replacement and cannot do the same filtering
etc.

TriLUG's mail server (pilot) runs dovecot-deliver. It is the process that
is responsible for dropping your mail addressed to bob at trilug.org into
~bob/Maildir/something.

You can create "sieve" filters that will sort your mail into different
folders
based on content. If you're logged in to pilot, you can look at
~porter/.sieve
to see my sieve rules. Sieve does most of the same stuff that procmail or
maildrop do, but the rules have to be self-contained... they can not call an
external script.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀