[TriLUG] Speaker Announcement for Ignite Raleigh

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Feb 10 18:49:12 EST 2012

Rob Rousseau wrote:
> Some of you may be interested in attending the next
> Ignite Raleigh event.  They just released the speaker
> lineup for Feb. 16th (next Thursday).
>
> http://igniteraleigh.com/

What is Ignite Raleigh?

Ignite events were originally conceived as technology
variety shows, but they have grown into much more than
that. Ignite is about ideas. Ideas can change the world.
And it takes less than five minutes to spread one.

Each presenter gets five minutes on stage with 20 slides
that rotate automatically after 15 seconds Around the
world communities have been coming together to share
their ideas.

Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest
and Bre Pettis. Since then hundreds of 5 minute talks
have been given across the world. There are thriving
Ignite communities in Seattle, Portland, Paris, and NYC.
Now we’re hosting our third Ignite event in Raleigh, NC.

For more about Ignite events see http://ignite.oreilly.com.
Ignite Global has spread to over 65+ cities all over world.
How do we do it? Find out for yourself.

To see examples of past Ignite events see Ignite Portland
http://www.igniteportland.com and Ignite Boulder
http://igniteboulder.com.  And here’s a post about 12
Lessons in Entrepreneurship that was presented at an
Ignite event.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀