[TriLUG] local wifi router

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:26:19 EST 2012

Alright, Ill try this again ...

I use a Intel/Atom Mobo and Untangled. Easy to configure and then tweak
as needed.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL

Ron Kelley wrote:

If you have an old PC sitting at home with 2 NICs, you can easily install pfSense (open-source firewall) and get the functionality you need.  I use it all the time on low-end to high-end servers with excellent results.  I do a combination of port forwarding, NAT'ing, DMZ/Production networks, IPSEC/VPN support, etc.   It has a great web interface that is very easy to use.

Thanks,

Ron Kelley
rkelleyrtp at gmail.com