[TriLUG] OT: NC insurance options

Mitchell Amiano mamiano at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 24 18:07:57 EST 2012

Even with BCBSNC there are different options.
Blue Advantage HSA is pretty high deductible but a lower cost alternative to a more traditional plan.
There is also United Health Care, which servers small businesses and individuals (http://www.uhc.com/).
Check out the Triangle chapter of the Health Underwriters association for potentially other resources (http://www.nctahu.org/).

I've heard of some church-based plans, but cannot think of the name; I think they tend to be more like cooperatives than insurance.
Another thing to look at is clinics. Raleigh has one: http://www.alliancemedicalministry.org/primary-care/
I've heard that cash-basis offices have fairer pricing schedules, but there are few of them around and hard to get into.

Regards,
Mitch

Sent from my living room