[TriLUG] March 10 Hack Day is getting closer

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Mar 1 21:02:01 EST 2012

> When I go to that link, I am prompted for ID and Password

When you go to trilug.org.wiki, you should see an HTTP
Auth pop-up that says this:

   A username and password are being requested by
   http://trilug.org. The site says: "To prevent
   wiki spam, please prove you're a human. Enter
   user=TRI and password=LUG below."

We had trouble with spambots flooding the wiki with junk.
So far, the most effective stop-gap measure has been this
cheezy HTTP Auth password.  Don't over-think it... do what
it says... Put "TRI" in the username box and "LUG" in the
password box.  Once you've done it once, most browsers
will remember to enter it for you the next time.

And if you claim that my simple .htaccess file is a lame
solution, I agree.  If you have better solutions (I mean
actual implementations, not just "you SHOULD be able to..."
please step up and become a wiki volunteer.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀