[TriLUG] Base 64 (perl) regular expressions - ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀™

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed Mar 7 17:24:16 EST 2012

You'll get a lot of false positives if you're going to blindly discard
emails that encode their subjects using UTF-8.

For a while, I had a maildrop filter that would UTF-decode the subjects
and do checks against that.  But recently, I have switched to sieve,
which has a less rich set of scripting tools for mail filtering.

All that said, you're looking at postfix filtering, which happens at the
MTA stage as the mail enters the server, way before the MDA stage where
it is being delivered to my user and checked against my sorting rules.

Good luck, and report back what you find out.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀