[TriLUG] RHEL best practices
volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:04:56 EDT 2012
I agree with Chris - but start with these questions:
- do I *need* SELinux?
- what is the server's purpose?
- what packages do the product(s) I'm installing require (both in place,
and to be removed)?
- how much hardware am I running on?
- 32-bit or 64-bit? (not even sure this is still a question .. but you
- will I be virtualized or physical?
- does new hardware have to be recognized without a reboot (*a la* a
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 14:36, Chris Short <chris.short at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think there is a real definitive answer to this question. It
> depends who you ask and what the purpose of the install is.
> Chris Short
> On Mar 12, 2012, at 2:34 PM, stan briggs <stanbriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > all,
> > i have been unable to find anything that is sorta' official regarding
> > best practices. things like minimum packages, that kind of stuff. does
> > anyone on this list know of such a thing?
> > as a 2nd tier response references to blogs, etc, that are regularly used
> > members of this group.
> > thanks,
> > stan
More information about the TriLUG