[TriLUG] OT: Questions about AT&T U-verse

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Mar 15 17:35:32 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:
> I ended up going back to Time-Warner and being stuck between these
> two lousy choices makes me want to give up the Internet. You didn't
> ask about Time-Warner but I've got intermittent connectivity issues and
> they won't do more than reboot my modem (over & over & over). If they
> look at my modem and see it's fine (which it is 90% of the time) they
> declare it "working" and dismiss me.

I went around this circle with TWC in the past.  I ended up writing a
small script that pinged my router, TWC gateway IP, and scraped the
status webpage on the modem.  Having a long list of accurate outages
with timestamps and durations helped convince TWC tech support that my
modem was going bad - they changed it over for a newer model and I
haven't had an issue since.

Bill