[TriLUG] OT: Questions about AT&T U-verse

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Mar 15 20:29:23 EDT 2012

On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:35 PM, Bill Farrow wrote:

> I went around this circle with TWC in the past.  I ended up writing a
> small script that pinged my router, TWC gateway IP, and scraped the
> status webpage on the modem.  Having a long list of accurate outages
> with timestamps and durations helped convince TWC tech support that my
> modem was going bad - they changed it over for a newer model and I
> haven't had an issue since.

I'm on my second modem (router, really) since I got back on TWC in the last few months. This was even happening during the installation but the installer insisted on leaving with a semi-functional installation.

This problem extends, BTW, to the DVR service, too, so it's not just my router. TWC ran all of the cable in the house so they can't exactly blame me for shoddy wiring.