[TriLUG] OT: Questions about AT&T U-verse

Michael Kimsal mgkimsal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:50:10 EDT 2012

FWIW, up north of Wake Forest, the TW DOCSIS 3 service has been great.  I
too dislike using their hardware, but... in a year of service we've had no
noticeable outages/issues.  Certainly less than we had over the preceding
years with various other providers (including TW)

Rated up to 30m down - often can get 15-20.  Up speed is 5m, and I can get
4.98 on most tests.  It probably could go faster up, but they seem to be
capping it.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Chris Short wrote:
>
> > I've heard great things about TWC's DOCSIS 3 service. But, that's likely
> > because no one is really on it yet. But, maybe you could ask about that
> and
> > see what you find out (and share with the rest of us).
>
> I'm on it. I dislike it intensely.
>
> You're forced to use their router, not a modem. It falls over frequently.
> When it works, it's fast.
> --
> This message was sent to: mgkimsal at gmail.com <mgkimsal at gmail.com>
> TriLUG FAQ          :