[TriLUG] OT: NC insurance options

Roadrunner mamiano at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 30 12:29:34 EDT 2012

My experience with BCBSNC has been similar to Michael K's. Me and my son are covered under BlueAdvantage, at a similar pricing level. As a high deductible plan, it has paid off a few times as well.

Someone else posted that they got paid insurance from their state employer, but they would not cover his wife. We are in the reverse situation... My wife's employer's insurance could cover us, but their family rate was hundreds of dollars higher than our BCBS plan.  Don't know who negotiated that deal, but it could be because the employer has a poor risk rating as an insured group (it is a medical practice with many overworked nurses and older doctors).  So we opted for a higher deductible plan separate from her employer, and it saves quite a bit.

- Mitch

Sent from my iPad