[TriLUG] Thoughts from the IPv6/OpenPGPG hack day

Seva Adari oddissyus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:32:56 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I attended the hack day too and had a great day!

I went there with four client devices (laptop, kindle, touchpad and an
android based cell phone) and a wireless router. My objective was to
configure the wireless router and have it serve ip6 to the four devices.

I fell short on objective primarily because the Netgear router that I
had was very old and was not part of supported devices by OpenWRT.
But, I have learned about the UART/JTAG interfacing with the router,
memory mapping and other related stuff. I got enough support, help
and instructions at the hack day that I hope to continue further.

Thanks to Kevin for the IP6 hack day, Bill for all the hardware hacking
help, SplatSpace for providing the space and of course all the folks who
brought wonderful variety of cookies. I look forward to next such event.

Thanks
__
Seva