[TriLUG] Barebones system - motherboard suggestion

Matt Fields fields.emmett at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:12:21 EDT 2012

Hi yall.
I am looking into buying/building a barebones desktop system- looking for
recommendations and guidance.
Total price tag preferably under $200. I'm open to used/refurbished
components. Already have monitor + external 2TB hard drive.

Specs - processor should be dual-core 2Ghz+ - I see I can get one
refurbished for as little as $30 on Newegg. Beyond this, won't matter much
- occasional high resolution photo editing and possibly future video
editing. Just want a solid system.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on purchasing a barebones
motherboard/case combo, or a better way to go about this?

Thanks!
- emf