[TriLUG] Red Hat Satellite Mentor?

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 09:43:03 EDT 2012

Anyone interested in being a Red Hat Satellite mentor?

We have a Satellite server installed, but it is not really configured.

I am looking for someone to clarify some terminology and "best practices".

I know I need to setup different repos, prod, dev, testing, etc.  Not 100% sure how to do that, how to migrate/manage packages, etc.

I need a custom repo for chef packages, etc

Yes, I know there is a formal class for this, but the odds of me attending are 0%.

I admit, I haven't read the entire RHN 5.4 manual yet, going through it now.

Craig