[TriLUG] any Raspberry Pi owners out there?

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Tue May 1 22:52:43 EDT 2012

Newark/element14 just sent me this update:

"We're excited to inform you that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in
an upcoming shipment beginning the week of June 18th. We will have your
firm delivery date, after manufacturer confirmations are made, on
Newark.com. If you don't have all the accessories you need for your
Raspberry Pi, please take advantage of this 15% off coupon on your next
purchase from Newark.com. *Please Note*: /The delivery date reflected in
your order history on www.newark.com
<http://newark.chtah.com/a/hBPoEx5AJwblAB8is4hNsgw3Xae/piu6> will not
update until stock is received in our warehouses. The delivery date
shown in *this email* is the most accurate delivery date we have for
your order.

/Here's what's been happening with shipment and delivery of Pi:
As you may have heard, all the Raspberry Pi units require a CE
(compliance tested) mark prior to distribution. We are pleased to report
that this testing has been successful, following an accelerated
application, jointly conducted by the Raspberry Pi Foundation and Newark
element14. So once again, we thank you for your patience as you've
waited for the delivery of your Raspberry Pi. We'll be sure to keep you
up to date as more news becomes available.
In order to stay up to date, we invite you to visit the Raspberry Pi FAQ
section on our Community."

-Pete