[TriLUG] data center class x86 systems

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:29:35 EDT 2012

+1 for HP x86 blades and RHEL5.  No issues.  I like the BL460 Intel
blades better than the BL685 AMD blades, but do some benchmarking to
see which product works best for you.  Lots of choices now from all
the vendors.

They're new, but I really like Cisco's UCS blade architecture.  Maybe
not as important to have all those features for Oracle but sure looks
nice if you're managing a data center with a bunch of app servers.

sean

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Keith Woodie <kwoodie at gmail.com> wrote:
> We currently leverage Red Hat Linux 5 and HP x86 blades for our Oracle
> cluster, which is fairly stable.  I would be curious what hardware vendor
> your currently leveraging.
>
> Keith Woodie
> --
> This message was sent to: Sean Korb <spkorb at gmail.com>

"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso